Slugs vs. Snails it'll soon be near,
Major wars coming, you will soon hear.
Nothing you can do, nowhere you can go
Just make sure you're far away otherwise you'll blow... up.
Want to win a signed copy of Duke & Michel: The Mysterious Corridor and have your idea featured in an upcoming book? Then follow these instructions:
1) Follow me on Twitter @EliasZapple and get all the latest Zapple news!
2) Follow me on Facebook to get more of the same news!
3) I'm creating a brand new slug in my laboratory and it needs a name and a super power. What name and super power would you give the slug?
Send me your idea for a name and super power, as well as your own real name and email address to me here.
That's it! Get your thinking caps on, twiddle your moustache and start scribbling!
Terms and Conditions:
1) The winning entry will be selected by Elias Zapple and will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of notification, he reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
2) Closing date for entries is 31st July, 2014.
3) When contacted, please provide a mailing address in which to receive your signed copy of Duke & Michel: The Mysterious Corridor. Elias Zapple will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the book.
4) The winning entrant will be notified when the book featuring the idea will be released.
5) Elias Zapple's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6) Elias Zapple reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
7) No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
8) The winner agrees to the use of his/her name in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
9) The winner agrees to allow the use of their idea in the upcoming, as yet unnamed book, and will not seek recompense nor claim copyright ownership. All rights belong to Elias Zapple.
10) By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Could I, the great Elias Zapple, be suffering from the oft-alluded to writer's block? As I sit here, stroking Mr Snazzy, staring at a blank page whilst Derek the Slug makes me yet another cup of herbal tea, I wonder what has happened to the words that used to pour from my fingers. Maybe I've been throwing too many cabbages at Dieter? Maybe I've been too distracted with the comings and goings of my many slugs that have filled up an already congested hallway? The next book in my collective arsenal, Nicu - The Littlest Vampire, is just waiting to be written and yet it is not. What shall I do? How can I commit word to paper? Has the blood dried up? Has Elias Zapple written his last word? Will children never get to experience a new Zapple novel ever again? Of course not! I just wrote this and I shall delight you all again!
Duke & Michel: The Mysterious Corridor Skateboarder Michel is freaking out as his cousin Romain has gone missing. Michel sticks his head through a hole in the garden fence and is sucked into a giant vortex. He ends up in a mysterious corridor, with doors leading to strange worlds. He also meets Duke, a food-obsessed, sarcastic Basset Hound, who is searching for his brothers. Together they hunt for their missing relatives, unaware that they are also being hunted by the Master, a villain with a dandruff problem.
In Maputo I am known for my love of tinned tuna.