Want to win a signed copy of Duke & Michel: The Mysterious Corridor and have your idea featured in an upcoming book? Then follow these instructions:
1) Follow me on Twitter @EliasZapple and get all the latest Zapple news!
2) Follow me on Facebook to get more of the same news!
3) I'm creating a brand new slug in my laboratory and it needs a name and a super power. What name and super power would you give the slug?
Send me your idea for a name and super power, as well as your own real name and email address to me here.
That's it! Get your thinking caps on, twiddle your moustache and start scribbling!
Terms and Conditions:
1) The winning entry will be selected by Elias Zapple and will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of notification, he reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
2) Closing date for entries is 31st July, 2014.
3) When contacted, please provide a mailing address in which to receive your signed copy of Duke & Michel: The Mysterious Corridor. Elias Zapple will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the book.
4) The winning entrant will be notified when the book featuring the idea will be released.
5) Elias Zapple's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6) Elias Zapple reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
7) No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
8) The winner agrees to the use of his/her name in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
9) The winner agrees to allow the use of their idea in the upcoming, as yet unnamed book, and will not seek recompense nor claim copyright ownership. All rights belong to Elias Zapple.
10) By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Being a children's author of notable works such as Duke & Michel: The Mysterious Corridor, Duke & Michel: The King Tingaling Painting, Jellybean the Dragon and Elias Zapple's Rhymes from the Cabbage Patch as well as a noted slug breeder that commands many a slug of which all do my bidding - whether that be making my tea, fetching my moustache wax or attacking shopping centres, this inactive lifestyle has caused me to have quite the belly. There it sits, hanging over my belt like a big piece of dough. Yes, I should start doing stomach crunches or sit ups or perhaps get my slugs to bounce up and down on it but when one spends as much time as I do sitting down writing incredibly funny children's books, what else can I do? Besides, a belly makes a statement. It says, I am a writer and a creative genius and my belly is testament to that.
It's Christmas time and that means lots of presents, turkey, TV programmes, the Queen and slugs looking forlornly at you wondering where their gifts are. I don't really celebrate Christmas except for roasting a cabbage, throwing a cabbage at noggin of Dieter and giving little cabbages to everybody around me. However, this year I may do something a little different. I may gift a few copies of Duke & Michel: The Mysterious Corridor, its sequel Duke & Michel: The King Tingaling Painting and Jellybean the Dragon to a few unfortunate victims - and if they don't like it then I'll be throwing a lot more cabbages at them. Yes, this is a plug, of sorts, so go out (don't go out it's cold and there's no point as these books are available online! Ah, the wonder of a lazy future!) and get to your nearest bookshop and purchase a copy of the above books. Naturally I can't gift everybody these books otherwise I'd never be able to purchase a cabbage again. These books are funny, wonderful and without a cabbage as far as the eye can see. Maybe this should change. I've quite forgotten what this post was originally meant to be about. Hmm. Ah, yes I don't like Christmas as it's just a time to spend and spend you must on Duke & Michel: The Mysterious Corridor, Jellybean the Dragon and Duke & Michel: The King Tingaling.
In Maputo I am known for my love of tinned tuna.